The Importance of a Professional Business Portrait
Jun 1, 2018 | By: Icon Studio Portrait Design, Inc
Professional Business Portraits... Why Should You Have One?
Not so long ago, people linked headshots with movie stars, models, and other celebrities. However, a headshot is now commonly used for business marketing as well.
If you own, run, or sell for a business, people associate your face with that business. That’s why it is so important that you have a high-quality, professional headshot. Using your phone, tablet or camera to take a photo just won't cut it.
If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, or professional, here are some the main reasons for letting me create a business portrait for your needs.
This Gives Your Business a Personal Touch
By having a professional portrait on your “about us” page, you can give your business a personal touch. Let’s face it. Most people want to see a photo of the person with whom they’re doing business. When you include a portrait on your website, email, social media, or business card, your business becomes more personal, making it look more human.
It Enhances Your Biography Page
Because your biography or “about” page usually gets the most traffic, it’s critical that it includes headshots of all your professional staff. When people log on to a biography (bio) page, they want to connect your service with a face and not just read a narrative about the person running the company. Furthermore, adding a headshot to a biography gives the page more professionalism, and it makes your business appear much more customer oriented.
It Makes Your Website Look More Professional
When your website has more consistent images, it looks more professional. Consider that having more than one headshot can be distracting, but when you use the same one for all your social media pages, website, email attachment, & business card, it gives your clients the message that you’re a professional. When there are several different photos of you across all your media outlets, your business can appear disjointed, which can be a turnoff for potential customers.
They Make Useful Marketing and Branding Collateral
Branding is much more than just a catchy logo or tagline. It’s also an emotional tie that you make with your customers. In other words, your face is your company brand. Business owners use marketing collateral to talk about pertinent information, regarding their merchandise and services. Your headshot is a significant part of your marketing collateral.
Considerations and Warnings
- The average shelf life of a headshot is every two years.
- Rather than using an old photo of yourself when you were younger, get a headshot that depicts what you look like now. You don’t want to mislead your customers regarding your age, as it’s best to be honest.
- Be sure to update your headshots when your appearance changes. For example, if you’ve lost a lot of weight or have had cosmetic dental work done to improve your look, contact us to take a new one.
- Before your photography session, let us know your company's branded colors. This will help us collaborate on what you'll wear so we can coordinate background choices.
- Rather than wearing a plain black or white jacket, opt for a jacket or top with a little color. For women, jewel tones and grays work well. For men, blues and grays are a powerful choice. Avoid bold patterns and stripes. We recommend NO WHITE as it tends to wash out skin tones and make you appear larger than you would like.
- Be sure to reflect your business's personality. Your professional image doesn't necessarily have to be a stiff looking head-and-shoulders photo. If your company is a fun-loving, laid back, easy-to-deal-with kind of business, we can showcase that aspect in your professional image.
- We'll be sure to include high-resolution photos that can be used both in print and online.
For the best in headshots, call Tupelo, Mississippi 's leader in quality custom photography.... Icon Studio Portrait Design. Be sure to inquire about volume pricing for larger corporate needs as well. And don't miss our June 2018 Business Portrait & Business Card package special....click here for details.
That wraps up this latest entry. I'm off to photograph some children's portraits today and then get ready to attend our State Convention in Meridian for an awesome continuing ed opportunity next week. Have a great day and we look forward to working with you soon :D
Would you like more information? Have any questions? Fill in the information below and we'll get with you asap to discuss your needs.